Professional: State Certified Residential Appraiser and FHA approved with over 36 years of experience.
EXPERIENCE: Began formal training as a Real Estate appraiser/inspector in 1978 within the Savings & Loan industry, as a construction inspector for Southern California Savings. Various inspection and appraisal assignments encompassed as area from San Francisco to San Diego. Duties were to inspect the progress of new construction sites, custom home developments and from small to large residential tract developments. While in the employment of the Savings & Loan industry I advanced to a level 4 classification within the State of California. A class 4 designation was the highest classification within for s state chartered Savings and loan. and allows the appraiser to appraisae all types of properties.
In 1985 I left the Savings & Loan industry to form my own appraisal company called Network Appraisals, Inc. which specializes in the appraisal of Single Family residences, Condominiums, Planned Unit Developments and small 2 to 4 residential income properties.
KEY STRENGTHS INCLUDE:
- An ambitious leader with extensive experience in training, supervision, motivation and evaluation of personnel. Utilized a hands-on management-by- example style, creating a working environment in which others can grow and excel.
- Highly organized and analytical, acutely aware of the need for quality work, high customer service and expediting appraisal orders.
- Adept in coordinating multiple projects simultaneously, utilizing strong time-management abilities.
- Able to handle stressful situations with tact and efficiently.
- Key note speaker with Mortgage Lenders and Real Estate offices.
- July 1973 to June 1974 Real Estate Broker Superior Brokers – Montebello, CA
- July 1974 to April 1975 Construction Inspector Pacific Federal Savings – Hollywood, CA
- May 1975 to Oct 1980 Staff IV Class Appraiser Southern California Savings – Beverly Hills, CA
- Nov 1980 to Dec 2012 Owner/Appraiser Network Appraisals, Inc – Huntington Beach, CA
- Jan 2013 to Present Owner/Appraiser Lou Najera Appraisals – Garden Grove, CA
- June 1973 Bachelor of Science- Business Administraion Cal State University at Los Angles
- June 1975 Business Graduate School University at Los Angeles ( UCLA)
- California Association of Realtors
- Pacific West Association – Multiple Listing Service
- Orange County Garden Railway Society
- Legal Shield Independent Associate
EDUCATIONAL CLASSES AND SEMINARS:
- July 2016 Federal and State Regulations
- March 2016 Complex Appraisal A
- Sept 2015 Expert Witness Appraisal Business
- Aug, 2014 Today’s FHA Appraisals
- May, 2014 Appraising Green Residences
- April 2014 USPAP Update Course 2014
- April 2013 Residential Appraisal Review
- June 2012 Foreclosure as comparables
- June 2012 USPAP Update Course 2013
- April 2012 Residential Sale Comparison
- April 2011 Understanding Uniform Data
- Mar 2011 Post-Appraisal HVCC Word
- Dec 2010 Defense Report Writing
- Nov 2010 FHA/VA Appraising
- Oct 2010 Foreclosure & Short Sales
- Aug 2010 FHA 203K Appraisals
- Aug 2010 FNMAE Guidelines
- June 2010 REO Appraisals
LOU”S HOBBIES & FAMILY
- Enjoys building backyard model Garden Railroads
- Always ready for a game of tennis
- Enjoys all types of music, plays guitar, photography, video production.
- Enjoys train ride excursions through out the United States and Canada.
- Married for 41 years to the same wonderful wife and has one daughter